Our terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions for Marsh View Cottage holiday cottage in Camber Sands, Rye, East Sussex
Your contract is with Mr A.J.Pierce & Mrs S.D.Pierce and these Booking Conditions are for the property known as MARSH VIEW COTTAGE.
References to “you” or “hirer” are references to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party.
These Booking Conditions and rental conditions form the basis of your contract with us so please read them carefully. Nothing in these Conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
1. Making your booking
When you book the Property with us you should return the completed Booking Form to us together with your payment for the Initial Deposit.
Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
Once the completed Booking Form and the Initial Deposit have been received and accepted by us, we will issue you with our written confirmation. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our written confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation. If we do this we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us.
You should carefully check the details of our written confirmation and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions.
2. Paying for your booking
You are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the Rental and the Security Deposit at least eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date as set out in our written confirmation. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time your booking dates may be automatically re-released
and your booking assumed cancelled by you.Note the full amount is payable if booked within 8 weeks of the start of the booking.
3. If you cancel or amend your booking
If you need to cancel or amend your booking at any stage you must telephone or email us using the information on your booking form as soon as possible. A written confirmation (email) must also be sent. A cancellation will not take effect until we receive written confirmation from you.
Please note, that if after the original quote for your booking is given, you request additional guests to stay, an extra charge will be made to cover extra housekeeping costs.
If you cancel your booking more than eight weeks before the start date of the booking the owners will retain the Initial Deposit.
If cancelling within eight weeks of the start date, the owners will retain the full amount of the booking less the damage deposit. Please see section 18
Please note contents of section 18-Cancellation and Insurance-under Terms & Conditions. This section applies at all times.
4. If we cancel or amend your booking
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings.
If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us.
5. Your accommodation
You can arrive at your accommodation after 4.00pm on the Arrival Date of your holiday and you must leave by 10.00am on the Departure Date.
6. Your obligations
You agree to comply with the terms and conditions for renting Marsh View Cottage as attached and any other regulations reasonably made from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party.
You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, clean and in good condition.
You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors or windows of the Property nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property, except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence.
You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorized, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take your pet into the Property unless it has been arranged in advance and it is shown on your confirmation. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you.
You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, regarding preparation or heating of the Property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence. If any complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, you must write to us with full details within 28 days of the end of it.
8. Our liability
Please note we hold full insurance for the purposes of using MARSH VIEW COTTAGE, Camber, Rye as a holiday letting. Further details can be provided on contacting the owners. Mr A.J.Pierce & Mrs S.D Pierce
The contract between you and us is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.
Terms and Conditions for Renting Marsh View Cottage
Reservations and bookings of this property are accepted subject to these Terms and Conditions of Renting.
The Contract of Hire shall be between the Hirer and the Property owners. By signing the booking form you agree that you are over 21years of age and that you accept full responsibility for all payments due and for the consequences and actions of all persons who will use the property during your holiday. The Hirer shall have the right to occupy and use Marsh View Cottage together with its garden for the agreed period. Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your child/ren's safety whilst at Marsh View Cottage.
2. Rental. Bookings for persons or groups predominantly under 21 years of age will not be accepted (except families).
3. Provisional Bookings. Upon receipt of your enquiry by email or telephone, Marsh View Cottage can be provisionally booked and will be so indicated on the 'availability' page. This will be held for a period of five days only. If no booking form and deposit is received within this period, then the provisional booking will be cancelled.
4. Payment. Bookings made within 8 weeks of your holiday date must be paid for in full and in advance of occupation of the property. For a booking made more than 8 weeks before your holiday starts the owner requires a deposit of 25%
5. Balance. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to acceptance of the booking, the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the rent 8 weeks before the period of letting and includes the additional ‘breakage deposit’ (see below). If the balance is not received on time, the owner reserves the right to cancel your booking and retain the rental deposit.
6. Damage / Extra Cleaning. All bookings are accepted on the condition that the property is left in the same state of repair, order and cleanliness both inside and outside as at the start of the holiday, and that the person who made the booking will pay for breakages and / or damage and extra cleaning, if so required. The rent includes the cost of a routine clean at the end of the letting, should an additional in depth clean be necessary due to misuse of the property (such as action contrary to the Terms and Conditions of Renting), the hirer will be liable. Major breakages should be reported to the owners immediately and minor damage should be noted at the termination of the week.
7. Sleeping Capacity. The maximum number of people staying in the property is four (plus one baby), additional persons cannot be accommodated.
8. Availability. The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that the property and its facilities,are available. In the unlikely event that the property is not available through events beyond the control of the owner, then they may be forced to cancel the booking. The hirer will be advised of any such circumstances as early as possible, and will be refunded all monies paid, in full, with the Hirer having no further claim against the owner.
9. Occupation times. Tenancies commence after 4.00 pm (unless otherwise agreed), on the commencement date of the tenancy and terminate at 10.00 am on the leaving date. (unless otherwise agreed) This is to ensure that the house can be properly cleaned and prepared.
10. Breakage/Security Deposit. There is a breakage / cleaning deposit of £150 required, that will be returned in part or full, following the end of the hire period and inspection by the owners’ agents. This is payable eight weeks prior to the letting.Please allow up to 10 working days for return of security deposit. NB - the security deposit for stays including New Years Eve is now £250. Please also note, no people other than those named on the booking form are allowed to stay as this invalidates our insurance. The latter applies all year, not just new years breaks!
11. Access. The Property Owner or his representatives shall be allowed access to Marsh View Cottage at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy. Should a maintenance issue arise, the property owner or his/her representative will advise guests of a time when essential repairs will be made.
12. Included in the Let. Linen is included (sheets (not travel cot), pillow cases, duvet covers) in the rental charge. Towels are provided as are two bath robes and slippers ; a travel cot + mattress, high chair and two stair gates are provided, if required. The travel cot is for children under two only. A gas BBQ is provided. This must be cleaned completely by the hirer if used. A pack of grill trays for cooking is provided and must be used. Should the BBQ not be cleaned to the standard as the hirer finds a charge of £50 from the security deposit will be made for the cleaning cost incurred.
Hirers should note that the bicycles provided are used at their own risk. Before use hirers are responsible to inspect the bicycles for safety and also to use a cycle helmet, which they should bring with them. The owners are not responsible for any injuries or damages caused whilst hirers use the bicycles. Hirers are advised to seek their own insurance.
Bicycles and beach equipment provided should be replaced in the garden shed in the clean condition that they are provided to the hirer. Should this equipment not be left in a clean condition a charge of £50 from the security deposit will be made for the cleaning cost incurred Electricity (hot water,heating and light) is included in the rental charge.
13. Smoking. Smoking is not allowed at Marsh View Cottage. If this condition is breached, the owner will hold the hirer responsible and reserves the right to retain the £150 cleaning deposit and deduct any professional cleaning costs incurred.
14. Pets. Dogs are welcome, but please do not allow them on the beds. Additional laundering costs if necessary will be deducted from the damages deposit. Throws are provided to protect the downstairs soft furnishings and can be found in the under stairs cupboard, or please provide your own if preferred.
Dogs should not be left alone in the cottage, other than for short periods unless crated. Owners will already know that dogs can become distressed if left in strange surroundings and may cause damage. Where it is found that damage has occurred the owners will hold the hirer responsible and reserves the right to retain a portion of the security deposit of £150 for any additional cleaning/damage costs incurred.
Should any dog fouling be left on any part of Marsh View Cottage or grounds then the security deposit will also have a deduction made. This strict condition for allowing dogs is made in the interests of future hirers and their well being. Not all our guests are dog owners and many have small children.
15. Security. For the period of the holiday hire the hirer is responsible for the day to day locking of Marsh View Cottage and its garden. Please note that lost keys, or keys not returned at the end of the hire period will be charged for in full.
16. Motor Car and Personal Belongings. Please note we cannot accept responsibility for baggage and personal belongings, damage to any vehicle, its contents and other personal belongings.
17. Caring for your Safety. Every reasonable effort has been made to mitigate possible safety hazards in the property. However, it is guests responsibility (particularly parents with young children) to inspect the property and grounds immediately on arrival and note any possible hazards. Check the layout of your holiday property so that in an emergency you can get out quickly and easily. Marsh View Cottage upper windows have the facility to be locked should the hirer wishes to do so. A key is provided. Emergency window keys are to be found on the reverse of the curtain poles in each bedroom.
18. Cancellation and Insurance.
If the hirer wishes to cancel the booking for any reason within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday, he should advise the owner immediately by telephone or e-mail. Upon receipt of such correspondence the owners shall be entitled under any circumstances to retain all payments already made, less the Breakage Deposit.
If cancelling before the eight weeks, the owners shall retain the deposit payment.
Those making a late booking [within eight weeks of the proposed start date] the owners may, at their discretion, attempt to secure a new hirer for the cancelled dates. If successful, again at the owners discretion, the amount returned will be less the amount calculated as a 25% deposit + a £25 admin fee.
The owners also advise guests to arrange cancellation insurance with the insurer of their choice to also cover the eventuality of adverse weather conditions affecting the take up of their booking. In the eventuality of adverse weather and guests being unable to complete their booking, refunds will not be made.
19. The owner reserves the right to refuse any booking.
20. The owner reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and ask you and your guests to leave immediately if this is deemed necessary as a result of your behaviour or that of your guests or any other material breach by you of the terms of this agreement. Guests are asked to give consideration to neighbours and not to cause nuisance or annoyance.
21. If you have any cause of complaint during your holiday at Marsh View Cottage please notify the owner who will make all reasonable efforts to assist and resolve the issue. The owner will not normally make any refund or recompense in respect of a complaint made after departure, if the complaint was not made known to the owner during the holiday rental period. Note the owners cannot be held liable for any act or circumstances beyond their control.
22. Data protection and Privacy. Information provided on Booking Forms will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to a third party or used for any other purpose.
23. The owners of Marsh View Cottage reserve the right to amend or add to these terms and conditions at any time. These will be notified to hirers in advance of the holiday period.
If you are bringing a dog, please also see our separate dog information page